Sunday, August 28, 2011

God's Providence is a Funny Thing

In real time, World Youth Day has been over for almost a week. In blog time, I haven't even gotten to it yet. I promise to return to tell you about all of Gods work in that week and about Fatima and all the graces of that segment of the journey, but now I need to update you all on my present day status. God's providence is the entire reason for going on this trip. When I was first praying about it that was my entire goal and nothing else: to have no plan so that God could work his own designs. Well those designs have turned out to be more unexpected than I had originally planned.

The prior general of the Community of St John, Father Thomas, was telling a group of us that we make a decision to follow the Lamb, to follow Christ, but that sheep don't walk in a straight path. At times you can't see the path, other times you seem to be going in the wrong direction, but always just keep following the Lamb. It is hard to understand the meandering road. Well my road has actually taken me back to the States, surprise (its a surprise for me too, hahaha). Right now I am actually in Sycamore, IL, still following the Lamb, still on my pilgrimage, still not seeing what the path is ahead of me but Christ is always constant.

When I set out on a journey to follow God's providence, I can't say no when Providence leads me back.

I know that God was calling me to go to WYD, there are too many things over the last six months that has lead me to that, and only to that. But the Why? That I do not know, perhaps its not for me to know. Perhaps it is enough to give up my plans, give up my pride, give up everything (and a pretty penny for the plane too) for Jesus. Especially in the psalms we see that God wants a ready heart. Period. I want to ask "what for", make me ready for what Lord? Just a ready and willing heart. So there's that.

So I just wanted you all to know that my pilgrimage continues this side of eternity (and this side of the Atlantic) so all those prayers you promised are still in demand, and all the prayers that I promised are still being prayed. Oremus pro invicem

No comments:

Post a Comment